- This event has passed.
Bat Hero Challenge for Kids
September 1 @ 12:00 am - October 31 @ 11:59 pm
Do you accept the Bat Hero Challenge? To be a Bat Hero, complete one task from each section below in September through October. Work with a grown-up, teacher or in a team. Once you complete your selected tasks, tell us what you accomplished in an email to Bat Week Chairman and we will send you a thank you from the Bat Week conservation partners!
LEARN ABOUT BATS (complete at least one)
- Download and color the Bat Heroes comic page and think of three ways that you think Bats are really cool or important.
- Learn more fun facts about bats so you can be a bat expert.
- Visit the Save Lucy Campaign for a “be nice to bats” poster to color and put up OR download the entire Bats by Season color book.
- Learn about or draw your favorite Bat.
TAKE ACTION FOR BATS & SHARE WITH OTHERS (complete at least one)
- Share your knowledge of bats with at least one other person—show them your drawings or poster and tell them what you learned about bats.
- Make one recipe from the Celebrating Bats Cookbook or eat one of the yummy foods that bats pollinate or protect that are listed in the book.
- Get crafty and make a bat finger puppet or fold your own origami bat to show others that bats are cool and not scary.
- Post your bat art on the Save Lucy Campaign or share it on social media with #batweek.
- With the help of a grownup, build a bat house and place it in a habitat.
- …or come up with your own unique ways to share your love of bats with others. Tell us about them on the contact page of the bat week website or have a grownup share on social media using #batweek.